Easily import categories and products from an osCommerce store into a Magento website!
A tool that is designed for people who may have outgrown their current osCommerce platform or want to take the next step in e-commerce and move to an enterprise level platform. The osCommerce Categories / Products Migration tool allows you to easily export your products, images and product descriptions into a new Magento e-commerce store. Within minutes you can have your Magento store populated with the products you probably spent hours inserting into your osCommerce store!
If you have more than a few hundred products in your store then you may be hesitant to try Magento because of the daunting task of importing your products. This simple to use extension solves that problem, is easy to set up and easy to use with little technical knowledge. Follow the instructions below to add your products into your new Magento store.
- Step by Step procedure for importing your products
- Supports Unlimited Categories
- Supports an Unlimited amount of products
- Works with osCommerce v2.3.1 based stores
- Ability to
Installation instructions for the extension
We recommend creating a new category for your imported products first.
-> Go to Magento Configuration
-> Go to osCommerce Import
- Fill in your osCommerce store details (IP or Web Address, database name and password and URL of image folder). If you are doing this on a new server or hosting account you may need to enable a Remote mySQL connection for the Magento Store.
- Select where you want your products to import to such as the Default store, Default Attribute Set and Category.
- Save your configuration
- Navigate to the import tool which is on the front end of your Magento Website.
- The URL will be www.your-magento-domain.com/oscommerceimport
- You will then be presented with 6 easy to follow steps to import your products.
Please note that due variations in server configurations we have set the max Category import to 10 at a time and the max recommended products to import is 50 at a time to prevent issues with the osCommerce Category/ Products Migration tool from timing out.
If you make a mistake or have an error in the process it is an easy fix! You can delete the newly created categories and products, re-index your Magento store and then go back to step two on this page: www.your-magento-domain.com/oscommerceimport and delete the temporary tables. Then complete steps 3-6.
When you are done with your import you will need to re-index all of your categories and products by going to System:
- Click Index Management
- Click Re-Index Data on all required fields
If you would like more information, contact ezMAGE Customer Support at 1-800-961-7427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.